Tuesday, August 09, 2005

From the Train #3 (Ozarks Arkansas)

5" x 5"
acrylic on masonite board
This is #3 from my Amtrak train series. I recently took a trip to OKC from Chicago and back. We were sitting on a side track waiting for a freight train to come through. It was about 3:00AM somewhere in Arkansas....I believe it was close to Walnut Grove. The moon coming through the mist was so dreamlike. The mist was coming up from the valley floor in thick wisps of cloud. If anyone has ever taken a train trip you know that you do not get a lot of sleep onboard. I had my travel painting set with me and since I had a roomette I could take advantage of the layover and paint this scene. I may try to write a book about my Amtrak travels. I have a LOT of stories to tell. *LOL*
$80.00

3 Comments:

Blogger Beverly Fagan Gilbertson said...

Thank you for commenting!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Linda Blondheim said...

I ike your paintings very much, especially From The Train.
Love,
Linda

3:31 AM  
Blogger Beverly Fagan Gilbertson said...

Thank you for looking Linda! I posted the last of the series today.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home