Thursday, August 11, 2005

From the Train #5 (Illinois...final painting in series)

5" x 5"
acrylic on masonite board
$80.00
West Central Illinois is mainly farmland...and corn corn corn corn everywhere! *LOL* so...this painting is my perception of "most" of Illinois. Huge farms with neat outbuildings and rows of corn is very appealing. The corn is starting to die out at the bottoms and tassled out on the top. Each stalk has many ears of corn. Right now is a good time to have sweet corn. Yum! This was the last of my Amtrak train series...where I traveled from Chicago, IL to Oklahoma City, OK .....and back. I went through five states. I hope you enjoyed this trip through my paintings. I would be interested in any comments you would like to leave on this series. I will be back to my daily paintings tomorrow. I will be working in oils for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home